Sunday, July 7, 2013

[Beautiful] OR [Five Minute Friday on a Sunday]

Beautiful is the warmth in a memory.  
The peace in forever.
The joy in love.

The smile in the photograph.  
The small scraps of paper tucked in safe places with pictures and love notes from my loves - my boy, my girl, my forever love.  

Beautiful is acceptance, peace, and the ability to choose happiness.  
The tiny cracks in my heart that allow the grief to escape and joy to enter.  

Beauty in friends that attempt to understand.
That encourage the telling of memories.
Friends that, not knowing what to say or do, simply hug me tight.
Service given and received.
Being needed.
Prayers for strength, peace, healing, joy.

Beautiful is a strong and faithful.
Testimony.
Eternal family.  
Blessings of the temple.  
Of obedience.  
Of prayer and faith and courage.  

Beautiful is the warm hug from my girl.
The silent, strengthening presence of my boy.
The unwavering love from my forever love.

There is beauty in tradition.  In memories.  And in taking old traditions and blending them with this new heartbreaking reality to create new traditions that bring us close together.  Closer, still, to our goal of eternal family.  

Beautiful is the warmth in a memory, the peace in forever, the joy of love.

*Linking up to Five Minute Friday

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, and for visiting me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, and for visiting me.

whitesilkpurse said...

Lovely, perfect and well said. You are brave and strong.

Katherine said...

Thanks, Deb. You inspired me to write a little on my blog. http://nickandkatherine.blogspot.com/2013/07/beautiful.html I am trying hard to see the beautiful. I appreciate your thoughts and comments!

Denise said...

Beauty is the woman who shared such lovely words here, bless you.