Sunday, July 8, 2012

[July 8, 2012] Sunday

Counts totally tanked.
No bueno.

Luke and McKayslin were still here.
I left them here playing UNO with Jacqueline, and went home for a shower and a suitcase full of clean clothes for the week.

It was a nice peaceful drive all by myself where I could talk out loud and say all of the things that were rattling around in my head.  I could cry and be angry and no one could see me or hear me.  I could just drive in complete silence. Or with the music up as loud as I wanted.  It was a nice break.

I got home, unloaded all the stuff from the car, showered quickly, repacked my suitcase, hugged Grammy and thanked her for the sandwich (mmmm. . .roast beef!! REAL food!!!!!), and was back on the road within an hour.
(Yep, it was half gone by the time I reached center street - my body was so starved for REAL food - not cafeteria food!).

While I was gone, Kent and Kathy stopped by to visit with Kenton.
He and Kent have grand plans when Kenton gets home. . .something about rock salt, a pellet gun, the double barrell rubber band shotgun, and flies?

The view from the freeway right before my exit.
The view I see when I'm close to our "temporary home."

Lonnie and Ty-Ty came to pick up Luke and McKayslin about 5.
So grateful for kind friends who take hours out of their day to play chauffer.

They headed off for home.
It's always hard to say good-bye after a fun weekend together!  :(

Kenton and I hung out here till after meds, then went out to the patio for some reading with Duke the Dog, a blanket, and finger lights because it was getting dark.

We read for a while (a couple of chapters in the new book that Mrs. Hall sent).

Then we headed to bed.  Nurse Erik was our nurse.
He was super stealth ninja nurse.
We didn't hear him come in at all.  Not even during IV meds at 2 or vitals at 4!

Kind of a lame day.
But lame is so much better than crazy.
Yes, counts tanked, but. . .they WILL go up eventually, and if there is a chance of infection at all, it's better to be sequestered here at PCMC.
Of course, we'll keep praying for counts to recover.

I had a hard time wanting to go to sleep.
Going to sleep on Sunday nights means that our family time is officially over and we are back to living in two separate places.  That's one of the worst parts of this whole adventure.  :(

And, that, my friends, is day 24.

No comments: